- you will respond to one of your peer's projects, interpreting it and making sense of what you see. you are basically thinking out loud here.
- is it interesting upon first glance?
- what makes you want to keep looking at it, if anything?
- what does it mean?
- what kind of mood or persona do you get from it?
- what is it telling you about this person?
- address also the level of care in making the images themselves as well as the construction of the piece.
- the rest of the class will then have a few minutes to share any differing responses or interpretations to the work.
- the designer will then discuss their intentions in making the images. this will give us an idea of the distance between designer's intent and audience reception. the designer of the piece should explain
- why each image fits into its respective sign category,
- why the particular symbol was chosen,
- anything significant that was learned through this process.
Friday, January 28, 2011
critique will follow this format: